The School Library
The Martin J. Gottlieb Day School Library serves Kindergarten through 8th grades. The Center’s collection currently holds just over 12,000 titles. The Library seeks to use its resources to support and enrich the academic program offered at the Martin J. Gottlieb Day School. The Library accomplishes this goal by:
- Offering an educational environment where student learning is facilitated through the use of print and non-print resources
- Providing opportunities for students to foster a love for reading and inquiry
- Developing information literacy skills to produce learners fluent in information literacy
- Collaborating with classroom teachers in creating library lessons to meet student research needs
- Effectively and efficiently managing the resources of the Library and Media Center in order to benefit the school community
Martin J. Gottlieb Day School
Martin J. Gottlieb Day School is a private school serving grades K through 8 located in Jacksonville, Florida. Its mission is to provide a comprehensive, academically challenging curriculum in General and Judaic Studies.
For more information about our school's approach to Digital Citizenship, please read Digital Citizenship Requires Modern Skills: Better, Stronger, Faster Safer.
I have been a librarian for over 19 years. While my past experience has been in higher education, I am delighted to be working at a school valuing curriculum integration of 21st-century skills. I partner with teachers in all content areas to integrate digital literacy, research skills, creation and innovation in the classroom. As a librarian, my role is to teach our students to become discerning information consumers. In academia, I have worked too often with students who trust the first website found through a Google search, assuming it provides accurate and reliable information. The skills necessary for critically evaluating, assessing and utilizing information are vital for success in the technology-driven, global world of the 21st century.
If you would like to contact me, please email firstname.lastname@example.org