- Flying Fast Flying Forward: Model Airplanes & other crafty innovations | edJEWcation on Is Hosting edJEWcon Good for MJGDS?
- Andrea & Steven Mail on Is Hosting edJEWcon Good for MJGDS?
- Jon Mitzmacher on Is Hosting edJEWcon Good for MJGDS?
- Andrea Hernandez on Is Hosting edJEWcon Good for MJGDS?
- Lisa Colton on Is Hosting edJEWcon Good for MJGDS?
- Here's a #PicCollage from our #PrincipalForADay Jeremy Z.'s day on the job! Who will it be next? http://t.co/Wh8rEYONBI 2 hours ago
- Say "Shalom!" to our Principal-for-a-Day Jeremy Z. #SpringFever http://t.co/1mMixmgg8f 9 hours ago
- New blog post: "The Transparency Files: Standardized Testing" mjgds.org/mitzmacher/?p=… #ITBS #Transparency #Reflection #jed21 #jedchat @DSLTI 4 days ago
- Look at all our delicious offerings! #Bikkurim @MJGDS @DuBowPreschool #Shavuot http://t.co/Q8B6wrzVkN 1 week ago
- #Bikkurim @MJGDS @DuBowPreschool #Shavuot http://t.co/eYPZ9KSoVu 1 week ago
Category Archives: Teaching & Learning
This is our third year of publishing the “Grade Equivalent Scores” for the Iowa Test of Basic Skills or ITBS – the standardized test we take annually at the Martin J. Gottlieb Day School. We did not have comparison data … Continue reading
After making transparent the results of my own evaluation by both myself and my faculty, it is time to turn to our other annual survey: the Annual Parent Survey. [For comparison sake, you are welcome to explore last year's reflection.] I … Continue reading
There is no criteria I can think of that would not conclude that this week’s edJEWcon 5773.1 was anything other than an unqualified success. And I do not want to duplicate the amazing curatorial efforts of my colleagues and present … Continue reading
Who was the smart guy who didn’t build a travel day into this year’s Passover Break? This guy! It has been quite a short week recovering from Passover and preparing for a tremendous amount of important events and programs to … Continue reading
A deep breath on a lovely day-of-Erev Tu B’Shevat here in Jacksonville, Florida. Students throughout the school are engaged in different planting projects, seders, and celebrations of this “New Year for the Trees”. And, for whatever reason, this week of the … Continue reading
I blogged last week, here, about tomorrow’s exciting MJGDS EdCamp! We are very excited for our day of learning and I will hopefully write a bonus blog next week reflecting and sharing the experience. Since I will be unable to … Continue reading
Let me begin by giving full credit to this blog post to Andrea Hernandez, our Director of Teaching & Learning, not only for most of the ideas, but the links as well. We are finishing up planning for next Friday’s … Continue reading
With the Thanksgiving holiday behind us and Winter Break looming, we are entering prime time for parents – particularly parents of pre-kindergarten aged children – to explore and make decisions about schooling. With this age in particular, the conversations typically … Continue reading
Our mission is to achieve the academic benchmarks and standards that define success. Our philosophy is to provide each student with “a floor, but no ceiling” representing each student’s maximum success. Our pedagogy is this “thing” we’ve been calling “21st … Continue reading