- Flying Fast Flying Forward: Model Airplanes & other crafty innovations | edJEWcation on Is Hosting edJEWcon Good for MJGDS?
- Andrea & Steven Mail on Is Hosting edJEWcon Good for MJGDS?
- Jon Mitzmacher on Is Hosting edJEWcon Good for MJGDS?
- Andrea Hernandez on Is Hosting edJEWcon Good for MJGDS?
- Lisa Colton on Is Hosting edJEWcon Good for MJGDS?
- New post: "The Transparency Files: Head of Academy Self-Evaluation" wp.me/p370gp-sO @BASRS @DuBowPreschool @MakomHebrewHigh @mjgds 6 hours ago
- Thanks @eJPhil for the opportunity to share about @MJGDS and #edJEWcon. Thanks to everyone who shared and commented! 2 days ago
- If We Can Do It, So Can You! One Small School’s Journey to the Center of 21st Century Learning bit.ly/10lyfA1@MJGDS #edjEWcon @DSLTI 2 days ago
- Here's a #PicCollage from our #PrincipalForADay Jeremy Z.'s day on the job! Who will it be next? http://t.co/Wh8rEYONBI 3 days ago
- Say "Shalom!" to our Principal-for-a-Day Jeremy Z. #SpringFever http://t.co/1mMixmgg8f 3 days ago
Category Archives: Community Building
This Sunday is Community University! Community University is an annual day of learning for the Jewish Community of Jacksonville, cosponsored by the Jewish Federation of Jacksonville and the Martin J. Gottlieb Day School and in conjunction with local synagogues and agencies. Once created … Continue reading
You know what? Enough about me! How about this week, we take a trip through the MJGDS Blogosphere and kvell about some of the excellent projects our students and teachers are engaged in. Perhaps it is too much to expect folk … Continue reading
There is nothing like returning to school after winter break, midweek, to scramble your brain! As wonderful as breaks are, returns can be equally wonderful. It has been a pleasure welcoming parents, students and teachers back for a new, secular … Continue reading
I must have read 30 “Special Messages” from my colleagues in Jewish day schools and other Jewish institutions to their constituents over the weekend and into this afternoon. And with each one, I have felt the need to issue my … Continue reading
Here is a blog post whose title I would have like to have stolen, “How Can We Be Thankful As Others are Suffering?“. [It is a little off-color, be warned.] That is how I feel on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving … Continue reading
First off…here is some exciting news: MJGDS Teacher Selected to Become “Google Certified” at Google Teacher Academy Google has selected Andrea Hernandez as an attendee at the next Google Teacher Academy, to be held in Mountain View, CA on December 5, 2012. The … Continue reading
Wow again. Last year, I blogged here, about our annual Middle School Retreat to Camp Ramah Darom calling it “We left as a school and came back as a family.” The intent was to bond us together more closely and I … Continue reading
First, let me thank those who offered encouraging, and candid, feedback on my first attempt at vlogging. [If you want a recap, pop a dramamine, and click here!] Separate from the technical feedback (perhaps staring at myself in the webcam … Continue reading
We are completing our third week of school today (!) and I wanted to take an opportunity to reflect on a question that bubbles up from time to time that I struggle to provide a clear answer to. It gets … Continue reading